I am behind on everything and feeling very foggy-headed, but gosh darnit, at least I’m cute. That’s what I tell myself, anyway. In my family when we do something silly or just plain stupid, or we feel a bit defective in some way, this phrase comes comes up often. Whether it’s accurate or not is irrelevant.
I’m dealing with a nasty mold infestation, and my allergies are making me feel extremely foggy-headed. The situation should be resolved after the wall/ceiling/floor repairs are finished, but in the meantime I feel lousy. Also, I look like this:
My allergies and Crohn’s go hand in hand. Thank goodness I ditched my colon! I’m currently dehydrated, but at least I don’t have to spend much time in my moldy bathroom. For those of you with allergies, I have a few tricks you may be interested in trying in addition to whatever meds you take.
1. Eucalyptus Oil: This stuff can really clear up your sinuses! I use it in a diffuser, or applied directly to my face.
2. Children’s Sudafed: My heart gets crazy on regular Sudafed, and my guts don’t like it much either. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about what medications you might need, but this one helps me somewhat without wreaking much havoc.
3. Tea: Some herbal teas soothe my scratchy throat and help me breathe easier. Peppermint is one of my favorites, but I also like herbal blends specifically designed for nose/throat issues.
4. Bathe after significant exposure to allergens.
5. Wear a mask like mine!
6. Lavender Oil: When hives are driving me nuts, this helps decrease itching.
7. Modal: My skin gets extremely itchy when my allergies are bad, and some fabrics feel awful. During these times, I wear shirts made of modal or modal/cotton blends, and I try to avoid tags. What a relief soft fabric can be!
All right. Those are my thoughts for you today. As always, thanks for reading, and I hope you found something helpful.