Here are a few websites that aim to help people with various illnesses enjoy the holiday season while minimizing physical discomfort and social awkwardness. Sadly, my own holiday guide does not exist yet, but I plan to write one or make more videos in the future. Holidays can be tough if you’re not feeling well or if your illness is holding you back. When I say tough, I mean panic-inducing madness. This is an important topic for me, because I want you all to enjoy life despite your health issues, and I know how much it hurts to feel like you’re missing out.
- Life with Disabilities: WEGO Day 19: Prepping for the Holidays with Disabilities
- About.com, IBD section: 10 Tips for the Holiday Season
- Salix Pharmaceuticals: Sailing Through the Holidays With Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Life & IBD: Holidays and Travel
- Fighting Fatigue: How to Survive the Holidays with Chronic Illness
- WebMD: Chronic Illness and the Holidays
- American Holistic Medical Association: Chronic Illness and the Holidays- Fielding the inevitable questions
- Keeping Things Inside is Bad for My Health: How to Get Through the Holiday Blues with IBD
As always, I’d be delighted to hear your favorite holiday tips or include a link to your website if you have additions.
In case you missed it, I made a video about holiday food.